Thursday, February 21, 2008

Annette's Amazing Kids




Cameron always makes me laugh. He has a very unique sense of humor and can get you caught up in a story (that with a totally straight face) he is making up as he goes. His perseverance amazes me. Once he makes up his mind to do something, he does it and then never looks back.

I have always been able to count on Cory to be there for me. Even as a young boy, if I was crying or upset in anyway, he would drop what he was doing to curl up on my lap and comfort me. He has always been the responsible one and has been the first one there to help out with a project or help weigh out the pros and cons of any situation I was considering.

Alyssa is my soul-sister. It’s amazing to me how much we think alike. As a child I called her my sun because she was so happy and bright-eyed all of the time. She is empathetic and is led by the gospel. I enjoy talking to her because she can see things clearly and has a positive outlook on life.

The young Alayna was my moon. Her radiance was more quiet and serene than the sun; but every bit as beautiful. I found her to be quiet, pensive, more private than her siblings. She used to be timid; but lost that trait somewhere along the trail to adulthood. She now is extremely adventuresome and loves the outdoors. I’m still blown away that she got her private pilot’s license.

C.J. never ceases to amaze me. What he has accomplished with his life in the last two years boggles my mind. As a young man playing little league football he would have to diet to drop 10 or so pounds every season so that he could be a ball handler. He did it every time. He has brought that determination into his adult life and has reached goals that most people wouldn’t even consider possible.

No comments: