Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Special Day

Today is June 11, so I asked Mel what is cool about June 11. He said, "Umm, it's in June?" "It's a Wednesday?" "It's the middle of the week?" (Three strikes you're out, right?) Well June 11th is special because (drum roll please) we got engaged two years ago today!

Ah, I remember it fondly. It was in Room 126 at the Prairie Inn. We were kissing (you can use your imagination here). I said I love you and he leaned back and said that he wanted to marry me. He teased me for several months because I never said yes. I just smiled really big!

We went ring shopping a couple of days later. We found a ring that we liked at the very first store. I told the sales lady that I really liked it but that we needed to look at a few other places before we would buy. Mel said, "hey, if you like it, let's buy it so that we can go eat." Ahh, such a romantic.

We got engaged 3 weeks after our first date; but we waited a respectable 2 1/2 months to get married. I love that we were both in love so quickly.....but when it's right, it's right! Hey M.J., in case you wonder. My answer was and still is YES!

4 comments:

Diana said...

I am so happy that you were lucky enough to find each other. I have never seen you happier. By the way what were you doing in a hotel room?

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Your story sounds more scandalous than it really is!!!! I love how much you and Mel love each other! You're a great example for CJ and me!

Elizabeth said...

Love is a beautiful thing!!!!!!! So glad that you're happy-you deserve it!!!!!!!

Lara Phister said...

Thanks for checking me out!! I'm nervouse about this whole blog thing, but I'll get the hang of it. I've added you to my Fav's too!! I'm so glad that you and Mel have each other, you two compliment each other very well. I'll see you later!