Sunday, May 25, 2008

What in the Heck is a Pergola?



What in the heck is a pergola is what most people have asked us since we decided to build one. Friday I looked at pergola's on line. One article was pretty funny. It said that "pergolas are coverings that 1. do not keep out the rain; 2. do not keep out the wind; 3. they don't block the snow; and 4. they provide very little shade. So what's the use of building one, you might ask......
BECAUSE THEY'RE COOL LOOKING, and when you live in a Hobbit house; you need all of the "cool" you can get. Mel was the architect, designer, builder, and inspector. I was great at getting tools, running back and forth to Home Depot, handing out Mt. Dew and providing general moral support.

7 comments:

Diana said...

Annette, Your house and yard are looking great. I love the Pergola! Sounds like you are working hard and looks like it is paying off.

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Hey! It looks like you're in the forest!! :)

Necha said...

Wow! It looks great! I want one of those pergola thingys!! And I think it is SO funny how you call it the Hobbit House!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Nice!! I love before & after pictures! They really show how much work you guys have done! I have always wanted a pergola! (But I had NO idea that was what they were called!) :)

The Jensen's said...

Look how handy you two are. Your pergola and yard look great! Job well done!!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Looks so good. You guys are such hard workers, I love it.

Elizabeth said...

I'm responding back on your blog about the picnic. Let's do it! It' is are turn to have it? I think it is! When's it a good time?