Sunday, March 1, 2009

SPRING.....it's a comin'

Today is March 1--- SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY!

I can feel it in my heart, my soul and my bones! Have you ever stopped to think of how much nicer March sounds than February? I have been going out weekly to check on the progress that Mother Nature is making in our yard. I've found tulip leaves shooting up, quaken aspen buds, and buds on the lilacs. A couple of panseys have tiny flowers on them, the strawberry plants are getting perky; and we even have june grass coming up. (That's exciting for now, but will be the plague of our life in another month.) (See our beautiful weeds below....)


Spring can't arrive without a pussy willow bouquet and a basket of primroses to welcome the season. We have them both, so get ready world....snow's a meltin, the passes are thawin'; and spring's a comin'!


4 comments:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Oh I can't wait! I wish my tulips were sprouting! Like I told you yesterday, I'm just scared they'll never pop up!

Elizabeth said...

My tulips are coming up too. I love the first signs of spring and daylight savings starts next week and I LOVE when it starts staying lighter longer as well. WELCOME SPRING!!!!!!!

Necha said...

Yay! I love it too! Only it's a little slower in coming up here!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I Love it!!!!