Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's in the Sun

We just got back from our San Diego vacation. When we got home the weather was a shock to our "Californiaized" body temperatures. We had a really great time. Randy and Alyssa were great hosts and as always we had a lot of fun together. Randy took me for a ride on his Harley through some beautiful country, and on New Year's Day I helped Alyssa plant flowers along the front of her house. You'll notice in these pictures how great the weather was.

Our first day out...a trip to the lake.










Ocean Beach...a great way to spend New Year's Day!
Does anyway else think that Alyssa is looking kind of "expectant?"

Wicked was Awesome and Fantastic! It was "wicked" to say the least!

7 comments:

Diana said...

That's exciting that you got to see Wicked. We were able to get tickets to see it again here in Utah in the spring. I would love to have some San Diego weather right now.

Jennilyn Proulx said...

You're home! I was going to call you and ask you how if you were home and how it was, but Craig came over and needless to say I got caught up. Thank heavens for blogs!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Glad you had fun! Wish we had some of that sunshine here in Utah!

Elizabeth said...

You'll never watch the Wizard of Oz the same again after seeing Wicked, will you? It was definitely my favorite Broadway play and I've seen quite a few of them. I'm taking Josh to see it with me in May---I can't wait!! Glad you got to go spend some time with Alyssa and she looks really cute pregnant!!

Elicia said...

Looks like you had better weather in San Diego than we did that week in Anaheim. Isn't it hard to come back to the cold?
And, Yeah! for Wicked!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm so jealous. I would love to feel some sunshine.

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Annette, It was great to see you this past week. I really appreciated your thoughts and words on Grandpa. I haven't known him as long as everyone else, but he has really touched my heart though all the stories I have heard from everyone. I loved going to visit him. His eyes would light up when he's see Trent & he was so happy to have Berkley share your mom's name. We know it meant a lot to him. Thanks so much!